LifePointe Church Fallbrook, began life as the First Baptist Church of Fallbrook and has been located on the same site since 1888. The church was founded in 1885 with seven charter members. Rev. W.H. Stenger was the first pastor and they started meeting at the old Methodist Episcopal Church.
In 1887 they submitted their articles of incorporation and the church was named the First Baptist Church of West Fallbrook. In 1888 charter member and prominent land owner, F.W. Bartlett, donated land for a new church building on the corner of Hawthorn Street and Pico. The original building was surrounded then by rolling hills and farmland and stood as a landmark in San Diego County. A bell was installed in the new church and rang every Sunday morning through 1968.
Unfortunately termites made it necessary to replace the historic building. The last service was held in the old building on Easter, April 14, 1968. The town was concerned about the old church landmark being torn down, then the oldest remaining church structure in San Diego County, but they understood once the facts where presented to them. An attempt was made to save the historic steeple, but it collapsed during the dismantling process because of the severe termite destruction.
Rev. Henry Howell was pastor (1959-1971) during the construction of the new sanctuary. It started in May of 1968 and dedication was on December 15, 1968. The round stained glass window in the current church foyer is from the old building. The new sanctuary seats over 300 and continues to be a landmark overlooking our quaint downtown city of Fallbrook, Ca.
In 1990, while George Hreha was pastor (1984-2002), construction of a new family center building, parallel to the sanctuary, was begun. Dedication of the new building was held on February 9, 1991. The church saw significant growth during the ministry of Pastor Hreha.
Pastor Gary Golike served as pastor (2004-2012). Fallbrook FBC has been blessed with a long history of good pastors and leaders and continues to serve their Lord by attempting to glorify God in everything they do and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ to all who will listen.
Dr. Rick Koole was installed as pastor on September 8, 2013. Fallbrook First Baptist Church officially changed our name to LifePointe Church in 2014. We have the same beliefs and doctrine, but with a new name for a new time of ministry.